The season alternately allows the people to take cold medicines to increase. What are the effects of commercially available cold medicines?Are there many side effects?How to pick cold medicine?How long can I drink and coffee after eating?
▶ Cold medicine ingredient effect?
Cold medicine is used to treat colds. This view is not completely correct.The commercially available cold medicine is actually mainly used to relieve various symptoms of colds.Of course, there are many ingredients of cold medicines, and the symptoms of different component suppression are also very different.You can choose the medicine that suits you according to your symptoms and needs, and of course, you can also choose a composite cold medicine with composite components.The following introduces 4 common cold medicine components and its utility.
1. ACETAMINOPHEN: The main role of acetylbinol is to relieve heat and analgesic. It is a very safe component. Do not use it too much to relieve symptoms.
2. Dextromethophen: Right Rotal Morfen is a cough. As the name suggests, it is used to alleviate the symptoms of cough and is also a highly safe drug.
3. ChlorPheniramine and Carbinoxamine: Both types of drugs are anti -tabamines. Antimide is mainly used to suppress nasal water. Most of the drowsiness and side effects mentioned by most drugs are also caused by these drugs.However, there are also second -generation anti -histamine, which will not have the side effects of drowsiness.
4. Methylephedrine: The nasal microvasol swelling and obstructing the respiratory tract during a cold can cause the symptoms of the nasal congestion.These drugs are used to relieve nasal congestion and open the breathing tract.
▶ What are the side effects of cold medicine?
Most of the ingredients of cold medicines are very safe, but if any medicine is taken too much, it may bring side effects. Of course, cold medicines are no exception. The following introduces the side effects of different ingredients.
1. Acetramnol: Excessive intake may cause vomiting, swelling of the throat, and difficulty breathing, and acetamol has liver toxicity, which may be concurrently explosive hepatitis.
2. Right -rotation Meisovin: The side effects of excessive intake include drowsiness, dizziness, diarrhea, constipation, nausea and vomiting.
3. ChlorPheniramine and Carbinoxamine: The side effects of antibody amine include drowsiness, dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation, arrhythmia, and weight gain.
4. Methylephedrine: The side effects of ephedra drugs include dizziness, loss of appetite, palpitations, insomnia, and blood pressure.
▶ How to choose a cold medicine?
The choice of cold medicine is mainly based on the symptoms of patients. Generally, the combined cold medicines that are commonly available can alleviate most of the symptoms.When buying medicine, you can also ask the pharmacist’s opinions to choose the medicine that suits you best.
It is worth noting that in order to quickly suppress the symptoms, some people will use a variety of drugs in a short time, such as cold medicine with headache or antipyretic medicine and cold hot drink.This approach not only cannot relieve the symptoms, but also accidentally takes too much dose of drugs to bring complications.Therefore, you can usually choose a drug at one time in taking medicine, and pay attention to the regular quantitative use of the instructions on the drug packaging.
Cold medicine is a method of treating symptoms. It is recommended to have specific symptoms and then use specific related drugs.For example: headache take painkillers, nasal congestion or flow nose water can take cold capsules to prevent the burden on the body from eating unnecessary ingredients and increased physical burden.
▶ How long can I drink and coffee after taking cold medicine?
Cold feels easy to get tired. Want to drink coffee refreshing?It is recommended to use boiled water. After taking cold medicine, drink coffee 1-2 when you take a cold, which will not affect the effect or side effects because of the caffeine.As for alcohol, because the alcohol may interact with the ingredients of the cold medicine, it is best not to eat or drink any food containing alcoholic ingredients about 2 weeks after taking cold medicine and discontinuation.
▶ Take cold medicine 7 taboos
There are actually many taboos in the use of cold medicines. After all, the drug itself has a certain toxicity, and the error is more likely to cause damage.The following introduces several taboos that take cold medicines:
Children under 6 years of age should avoid using medicines, unless they are specialized for children’s physical condition.
2. Pregnant women can take cold medicine, but it is best to consult the doctor first and then use it.
3. The dose of cold medicines must be obeyed to the packaging instructions to avoid side effects caused by excessive use.
4. Cold medicine cannot be mixed with other drugs to avoid serious complications caused by interaction.
5. Cold medicine can only be swallowed with water. Do not be matched with coffee, alcohol or grapefruit juice (grapefruit juice and grapefruit containing beancin, which will cause side effects to pass the drug passivation and even cause liver failure).
6. Patients with chronic diseases (such as: hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, asthma, hyperthyroidism, glamorous or prostate hypertrophy) should be avoided with comprehensive cold medicine containing antibody amines.
7. If there is a need for driving or engaging in dangerous work, avoid cold medicine that causes drowsiness (such as nasal congestion, flowing nose and cold medicine with antibody amine components)
In addition, after taking the comprehensive cold medicine for about 5-7 days, if the symptoms are still not alleviated, even worsening and fever for up to 3 days, the medicine should be stopped quickly.